PORT MOODY (NEWS1130) – Six students have been taken to hospital and Aspenwood Elementary in Port Moody has been evacuated, according to the fire chief.

No gas leak has been identified in the school. However, this is being treated as a hazmat incident to rule out the possibility of some noxious substance being in the school.

The school district has confirmed that two students passed out during music class, which prompted the principal to call for an ambulance.

The school is closed for the rest of the day and parents are being asked to pick their children.