Loading articles...

Contact law enforcement if you know a person being radicalized: government

OTTAWA (NEWS1130) – The public safety minister is making a plea to Canadians: If you feel a loved one is being radicalized, contact authorities.

This comes after reports at least six young people from Quebec fled the country to join the ISIS terrorist group in Syria. They are only the latest in a disturbing trend.

It’s believed the six young adults are from the Montreal area and some of them were still students when they took off in January.

Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney wouldn’t discuss specifics but says in most cases like this, family and friends saw the warning signs.

“So it is important to report it to the authorities for the well-being of that individual for not being further radicalized and also saving human lives.”

Minister Blaney wouldn’t say if the RCMP or our spy agency CSIS knew about this before the young people left the country.

The NDP says it raises some serious questions if our law enforcement knew about the radicalization but still let these people travel.

Join the conversation

Please read our commenting policies


Well if the RCMP responds in the manner they normally do when a 911 call is made regarding theft in progress, loud out-of-control parties at 3 AM, or threats made, the radicalized individuals in question will have been fighting in Syria for a month.

February 27, 2015 at 6:44 am
Contact Enforcement?

Can anyone please get me the Number for enforcement? I’m being radicalized by Christy Clark, Harper and TransLink. They want me to pay money to support their killing of people by forcing them to pay exorbitant taxes and support their corrupt dictatorships.

February 26, 2015 at 8:16 pm