VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Police in Vancouver are warning the public about a high-risk sex offender who is living in the city.
They say 44-year-old Trevor Leonard Smith, a convicted federal offender, has finished his sentence, however, he poses a high risk for committing violence against women and sexual offences against children.
Smith has a long criminal history that includes convictions for sexual assault, possession of child pornography, accessing child pornography, assault causing bodily harm, and failure to comply with a recognizance.
“The Correctional Services of Canada has assessed Smith at a very high risk of relationship violence and a high risk of sexual violence against others, specifically children,” explains VPD Constable Jason Doucette.
Smith is described as white, 5’10”, 170 lbs., with grey hair and blue eyes. He sometimes has a salt and pepper coloured beard.
Smith must follow the following court-ordered conditions
- not to be at any place where children and/or youth under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected
- no contact, direct or indirect, with children and/or youth 16 years of age or under
- report relationships and friendships with women
- not to consume or possess alcohol or drugs
- not to enter any bar, tavern, liquor store, beer and/or wine store
- not to use or possess a computer system, including handheld device allowing unsupervised internet access.
If you see Smith violate any of the conditions above, you are asked to call 911 right away.