VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – There are some changes to be aware of if you take transit or regularly drive through the Commercial Drive and Broadway area.
It’s all so crews can remove a work platform, install a new 99 B-Line canopy and queuing system, and make repairs to sidewalks.
For drivers, Broadway will be fully closed between Commercial and Victoria Drive from 9 p.m. on Friday until 8 a.m. on Sunday. A six-hour closure of the eastbound lanes starts at 11 p.m. Sunday and the westbound lanes will also be closed for six hours starting at 11 p.m. on Monday.
If you take the 9 or 99 buses, or the SkyTrain, here’s what you need to know:
- The 9 and 99 bus stops will move to the west side of Commercial Drive
- The station entrance beside Shoppers Drug Mart will be closed during this time
- SkyTrain customers will need to enter or exit the station from Commercial Drive or at the Broadway entrance on the south side of the street
- Bus passengers will need to cross the street to catch their bus
- Signs and additional staff will be on site to direct customers
- Bus service will be maintained throughout the road closures
Upgrades will be done on June 25th, at which time TransLink says the temporary bus stops will be changed to their permanent spots.