- At 7:11 a.m. Russ Lacate will check the day’s high temperature at Vancouver Airport against his prediction from the day before
- If he’s within 2 degrees, $100 is added onto the escalating jackpot
- If he blows it, we’ll let everyone know that someone has the opportunity to win the jackpot later that day!
- Once Russ announces that he has missed the previous day’s daily high, the Weather Guarantee contest closes. A new contest opens after a winner is announced at 4:55 pm that day.
- At 4:55 p.m. Russ will announce the name of the lucky Insider who can claim the cash and we will post the name on the home page of News1130.com
- That person has 11 minutes and 30 seconds to call in to the station using our toll-free contest number 310-1130 and win!
- If we don’t get a phone call, the jackpot rolls over and keeps building
Dear Insider Members, We’ve recently made a change to the rules in our Weather Guarantee Contest and as a result, we had to create a new contest entry page. This means that it now looks like all of your past entries have disappeared. We can assure you that this is not the case. Every entry that you have purchased since the start of the current Weather Guarantee contest will be valid and will be put into the pool of entries that we draw from; your past entries have not been lost. Thank you. News1130 Promotions You need to be an Insider Club Member to play! Click here to join the Insider Club >> Insider Club Members log in here to enter