Our $1700 Jackpot winner, Randy of Abbotsford called in and claimed his prize in time! The jackpot starts again at $1000 on Thursday, November 19.
Every day, Russ Lacate forecasts a high temperature. At 7:11 a.m. the next day, we revisit the previous day’s high temp. If Russ is within 2 degrees of the guarantee, we add $100 to the jackpot, so it becomes $1,100, then $1,200, and so on…At 7:11 a.m. Russ Lacate will check the day’s high temperature at Vancouver Airport against his prediction from the day before
- If he’s within 2 degrees, $100 is added onto the escalating jackpot
- If he blows it, we’ll let everyone know that someone has the opportunity to win the jackpot later that day!
- Once Russ announces that he has missed the previous day’s daily high, you have until 4:54pm that day to enter the contest for the jackpot.
- At 4:55 p.m. Russ will announce the name of the lucky Insider who can claim the cash.
- That person has 11 minutes and 30 seconds to call in to the station using our toll-free contest number 310-1130 and win!
- If we don’t get a phone call, the jackpot rolls over and keeps building. Your entries do not roll over, and you need to submit for the rolled over jackpot as it is a new contest.
- If we get our winner, a new contest will start with the jackpot at $1000, and you can submit new entries for the new draw.
It pays to listen to NEWS 1130!
Insider Club members, login to your Insider Club account now to enter The NEWS 1130 Weather Guarantee™!