VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – BC Corrections is warning you about a woman described by psychologists as a “sociopathic” animal killer who is now on probation.
Kayla Bourque, 23, plans to live in Vancouver. She has attacked people and animals and is considered a high risk to re-offend.
She has videos of killing her family dog and torturing her family cat; she pleaded guilty to these crimes in October and admitted she took delight in inflicting the pain.
The Crown stayed separate charges of possession of child pornography.
Doctors described her as a sexual sadist and narcissist with anti-social personality disorder and sociopathic tendencies.
She is 5’4″ and 130 lbs. She is slender with brown eyes and black hair.
Bourque has been released under a long list of conditions, including:
- Not leaving home between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless it’s for a medical emergency or with written permission from her probation officer
- Not going near children or going anywhere children may be (such as parks or swimming pools)
- Not using a computer or social networking sites
- Not holding a job or volunteering in a position that involves contact with animals or any vulnerable person such as the elderly, children, or people with disabilities
- Not going to college
- Not possessing any weapons
- Not owning or living anywhere where animals are
Marnie Mayhew is with Corrections Canada and says if Bourque is reported for breaching her conditions, “we can submit an application to the court to have her returned to custody.”
“She does have a concerning history of escalating violence and she has been deemed at this time as a high risk to re-offend.”